Vegan Gluten-free Coffee Cake (Flourless, Refined Sugar-Free)
A delicious vegan coffee cake that is moist topped with a crumbly-nutty layer giving it a perfect varying texture with every bite. This cake is completely guilt-free and make with purposeful ingredients you will look forward to having it for breakfast or afternoon tea with your cuppa coffee or tea.
The best part is that we make it so incredibly easy for you to make, so you can have more time enjoying eating it and sharing with you guests or loved ones.
Note : No weighing scale needed here, we help make it easier for you, enjoy! :)
(Recipe makes 2-4 servings)
(1) Flax"egg" :-
- 1 1/2 Tbs Ground Flaxseed
- 2 Tbs Water
(2) Base Cake
- 10-11 Tbs (90g) GO BASIX Almond Latte Flourless Pancake Mix
- 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp coffee (optional if you prefer a stronger coffee taste)
- 3 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 2-3 Tbs Maple Syrup / Honey (depending how sweet you like them)
(3) Crumbly Toppings
- 5-6 halves Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 Tbs (10g) GO BASIX Flourless Pancake Mix
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp (8g) Coconut Sugar
- Prepare Flax"egg" mixture : Mix and stir well grounded flaxseed + water and set aside ( about 10-15 minutes until you get a gel-like consistency) .
- Prepare Toppings : Add all toppings ingredients and blend coarsely (leave some large chunks of nuts to give it a nice crumble for you) and set aside
- Prepare Cake Base : Mix well dry ingredients and add wet ingredients and combine well.
- Pour batter in a baking dish (we used 4x4x2 inches tin / any oven-proof glass dish works too) and add toppings. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180'C for about 35minutes. Leave to cool for 10-15minutes. Serve with some dairy-free yoghurt, dash of cinnamon and berries, enjoy!
- Flax-egg : make sure you get the gel-like consistency because this will help bind your cake
- Perfect to re-heat in an oven to enjoy the next day. Just store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- When choosing yoghurt, go for Plain as the flavoured ones contains high in refined processed-sugars which can cause health problems. Plain yoghurt have fewer calories and high in nutrients (calcium, probiotics to support your digestion)
- For vegan yoghurt option, go for dairy-free yoghurt ie. coconut yoghurt
Watch how to make below, Try it out for yourself and tag us @gobasix #gobasixfood #eatsmarter ♥️
We are using our Almond Latte Flourless Pancake Mix 105g pack featured in this video make both the cake base and toppings in this video.
Shop this ingredient here :-