Tiramisu Overnight Oats (Refined Sugar-Free) by @hui_eatingdiary
Tiramisu quite literally means "pick me up". It is an elegant and rich layered Italian chilled dessert typically made with sugary lady fingers cookies, coffee, mascarpone cheese, eggs, and sugar.
Popular dessert menu in cake shops and cafe menus, the problem getting them from the store is that is it typically loaded with sugar and unwanted calories, leaving us sluggish from the sugar spike after instead of a "pick me up".
Here we will show you our smarter and healthier version of a "pick me up" Tiramisu treat you can make (no baking involved). If you know us by now, we are driven to ensure they must also be a healthier version, nutritious at the same time, and most importantly no-fuss and super easy for you to make!
By @huieatingdiary :-
Ingredients:Coffee Layer :
- 1 packet of GO BASIX Coconut Latte gourmet oatmeal pack
- 1/4 tsp of instant coffee powder
- 100 mL of hot water
- 150g of greek yogurt or substitute with plant based yogurt such as coconut yogurt (vegan)
- 15g of cream cheese (optional)
- 1 mashed banana
"Biscuit" layer (optional)
- 1 chocolate flavoured digestive biscuits (crushed)
Dusting chocolate layer:
- Dust with cacao powder
- Combine 100 mL of hot water with 1 packet of coconut latte gourmet oatmeal. Set aside for 3 minutes. The coffee base is ready.
- In another bowl, mix the greek yogurt, cream cheese and mashed banana (if you want a smooth mixture, blend it in a blender). The "cheese/cream" mixture is ready.
- Prepare a cup, bowl or container, add 1/3 of the coffee base follow by one crushed digestive biscuit (skip this if you are not planning to add).
- Next, add 1/3 of "cheese/cream" mixture followed by dusting some cacao powder on the cheese/cream layer.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 until all the mixture is finished. (Note: the final top layer should be "cheese/cream mixture").
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, dust it with cacao powder and enjoy!
Thanks GO BASIX for giving me the opportunity once again. Hope you guys enjoy the recipes as well. Stay healthy and stay safe!