Strawberry Jam-Chocolate Goji "Shell" Oatmeal
As the name suggests, chocolate shell oatmeal has a thin layer of chocolate on top which you crack with a spoon to unveil the creamy oatmeal goodness underneath.
We love elevating your experience with our oatmeal so we created this recipe for you to enjoy "cracking" with your spoon like it's your birthday every morning 😍🎉 - diggin' into the yumminess of 3 amazing layers that combines so well in terms of taste and texture.
There are so many ways to make it but with our oatmeal, it is guaranteed made with variety of healthy nutritious ingredients (see all the ingredients in our Chocolate Goji here) that makes every bite counts and delicious.
So quick and easy to make, let's get started!
(Recipe Makes 2 Small Cups / 1 Regular Cup or Jar)
- 1 packet GO BASIX Chocolate Goji Gourmet Oatmeal
- 1/2C (150ml) hot water
Strawberry Jam Filling
- 1/2C (80g) strawberries
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 20g chocolate chips
- 5g coconut oil
- Prepare strawberry jam filling
- Mesh strawberries and cook strawberries jam filling ingredients in a pot for 3-5minutes (tip : stir every now and then to evenly cook chia and strawberries)
- Leave aside to cool and let chia thicken to a jam
- Add hot water to 1 pack of Chocolate Goji gourmet oatmeal.
- Stir well (tip : use back of spoon to press down dates to release more sweetness and flavour from oatmeal).
- Cover 2-3 minutes
- Stir well and set aside
3. Prepare Chocolate "Shell" toppings
- Combine chocolate shell ingredients in a microwave-safe mug /dish and microwave for 20-25 seconds
- Stir well until you get a smooth chocolate melt
4. Combine all 3 layers
- Pour and fill oatmeal layer until half of small mug/cup/jar
- Add strawberry jam layer
- Pour the remaining oatmeal layer on top
- Add the chocolate melt layer (tip : start pouring from the side of cup around to the middle and smoothen out with spoon to create a nice-thin-evenly filled chocolate "shell" that is easier to crack later)
- Optional : finish off with some chopped strawberries and sprinkle with coconut flakes
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours / overnight until chocolate hardens and enjoy!
Get your kids or partner involved or give your loved ones a special breakfast touch with this recipe ❤️
Watch how to make below. Try it out for yourself and tag us @gobasix #gobasixfood #eatsmarter ♥️