Moist Flourless Carrot Cake (High Protein, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free)
Finally a truly healthy and delicious carrot cake, packed with purposeful 100% whole food ingredients you can now easily make at home.
Here's why you will love it :-
1) Incredibly easy and simple to make
- Made possible with our Cinnamon Raisin Roll packs containing 100% real whole foods ingredients already prepared for you.
2) Super moist and delicious
- Naturally moist from carrots, along with the greek yoghurt and coconut oil in this recipe makes it nice and tender inside
3) High in real whole food protein
- Our cinnamon raisin roll contains 6g of protein combined with an egg, this carrot cake has over 13g of whole food protein
4) Genius way to slip in veggies and vitamins into your diet
- Days when you haven't had veggies or trying to get your kids to consume some, this will do the trick. Star of the veggie ingredient here is carrots.
- Combined with our Cinnamon Raisin Roll gourmet oatmeal packed with fiber and nutritional benefit from 6 variety of whole food ingredients
5) Naturally sweet but not too sweet (ZERO refined-sugar)
- Natural sweetness from dates and drizzle of pure maple syrup
Let's get started!
(Makes up to 2 servings)
- 1 packet of GO BASIX Cinnamon Raisin Roll
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp (50g) plain greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbs (12g) coconut oil
- 1 Tbs honey/maple syrup
- optional : 5 whole walnuts (chopped)
- Mix well wet ingredients
- Add in dry ingredients and combine
- Pour in a baking / ovenproof dish (pro-tip : grease the dish lightly with oil so that the cake can be removed easily later)
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180'C for 20 minutes (pro-tip : pierce a small toothpick / knife and if the batter does not stick, then it is ready). Leave to cool for 10minutes and serve to enjoy!
Additional tip :-
- Stores well in a sealed container and refrigerated up to 4 days. Reheat in a microwave / oven to enjoy again.
- Can enjoy with some almond butter, butter & jam, some clotted cream
Watch how to make below. Try it out for yourself and tag us @gobasix #gobasixfood #eatsmarter ♥️