Fluffy Pancakes with Caramelised Banana (Flourless, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, High Fber, High Protein)
We love this recipe because it so damn delicious and incredibly easy to make we have to share it with you.
Here's so much more goodness and nutritional benefit we can enjoy more frequently :-
- High fiber (from our pancakes)
- High protein (egg, pumpkin seeds and almonds from our flourless pancake mix)
- VitaminC and antioxidants : blueberries
- Flourless and gluten-free.
- No need drizzle additional maple syrup or honey (smart way to reduce unnecessary calories and sugar). Naturally sweetened with banana.
- Dairy-free. With our pancakes, you only need to add water. (saving a tonne of calories for you)
- Only 5 minutes to make.
We are making this recipe in a smaller snack portion. But feel free to double up the recipe below to your portion size. Example : Just x2 of the ingredients below (except toppings).
Ready in 5 minutes | Serves 1
201 kcal | Protein 13g | Fat 15g | Carbs 17g
- 2 Tbs GO BASIX Almond Original Flourless Pancake Mix
- 1 medium banana
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/4C frozen blueberries
- 2-3 tsp pure original almond butter
- Sprinkle of roasted pumpkin seeds
- Sprinkle of roasted pecans
Mash 1/4 banana. Add egg and beat well.
Add GO BASIX Flourless Pancake Mix and mix well. Add water to get a light batter
Heat pan in medium heat. Oil pan with some butter (alternatively can use oil). Pro-tip : make sure to properly oiled the pan so that your pancake batter does not stick to the pan.
Pour batter starting from the middle ( tip : As pancake mix is not made of flour, but oats and organic flaxseed base can result in batter to thicken quickly. If batter becomes thick, you can always add a bit of water into batter and stir well until you like the thin consistency)
Batter cooks very quickly so check if underneath is golden brown & when you can lift the pancake easily, flip over and heat for another 20-30 seconds (tip : don't overcook pancakes, cooking too long reduces the fluffiness of pancakes). Serve with topping and enjoy!
- If you choose to use oil over butter, we recommend using extra virgin olive oil as it contains large amount of antioxidants and the fatty acid compounds helps reduces inflammation in your body and is so good for your brain health (prevention of Dementia & Alzheimer).
- If batter too thin, add a little more pancake mix. If it is too thick, add a little more water.
- Egg helps make your pancake extra fluffy. Egg is a great way to boost your protein intake the natural way (without relying on processed protein powders).
- Don't cook your pancakes too long to keep the fluffiness : as long as you can lift your pancakes and you see light golden brown, you can flip / remove from pan.
- Our pancakes are super tasting you can reheat them in a toaster or oven - freeze the leftover pancakes o a large baking sheet, placed in a zip lock bag.
Try it out for yourself and tag us @gobasix #gobasixfood #eatsmarter ♥️
Shop this ingredient here :-